Home and Away Fans

Warning: This site has no contact with the actors or crew of Home and Away. None of the cast of Home and Away are on this site and none of the staff on this site have any personal contact with the cast.

Hi there, welcome to the site of Home and Away Fans! Enjoy your visit! If you don't like something about the site, simply write the problem in the Suggestions Category! Your feedback on our site will be used to make the site better! Thank you for your co-operation!

If you would like to register feel free we invite anyone from any country who is crazy about Home and Away!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Home and Away Fans

Warning: This site has no contact with the actors or crew of Home and Away. None of the cast of Home and Away are on this site and none of the staff on this site have any personal contact with the cast.

Hi there, welcome to the site of Home and Away Fans! Enjoy your visit! If you don't like something about the site, simply write the problem in the Suggestions Category! Your feedback on our site will be used to make the site better! Thank you for your co-operation!

If you would like to register feel free we invite anyone from any country who is crazy about Home and Away!

Home and Away Fans

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Home and Away Fans

True Home And Away Fan? Join Us Then!

1/1/2010 - Please tell your friends about HAAF so we can get more members to join! More people means a more fun site!
12/03/2010 - HAAF is now on Facebook and Twitter!! Become a fan and follow us! At times, new updates will be posted there too.

+2
SummerBayChic
SummerBayDamoz
6 posters

Confusing

Anonymous

Confusing Empty Confusing

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:49 am

Hello, Ive just joined up and have spent some time looking around.

I have to say, I find your forum confusing. I belong to several other forums, so its not that I dont know my way around a forum. its hard to read the options and the news bar at the top is distracting.

Also, I find it a little annoying that everytime the page is refreshed, I have to scroll down because of the big HAA picture.

Finally, I clicked on my message in box as I had a message to read, and it hardly gave me time to see who it was from before the forum autmatically redirected me back to the home page.

Sorry for my first post to be so critical, but these are just my observations as a long-time forum user.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Confusing Empty Re: Confusing

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 am

Sorry about your bad start. The following things are just something I will change and let you know:

On the Yahoo Boards, if you have ever visited them, it has lots of bullying and trolls. So I, personally, place The Yahoo Boards, least ranked as the best.

All users, including myself found it hard to look around but got used to it.
    The Picture at the top is our logo which is made to stand out for the site.
    With your in box, the in box is fine. May be you just clicked something. I think you might have clicked the logo, which brings you to the home page.

The positives which other sites don't have:
    * Proper Trained Staff Members.
    * Live Chatbox.
    * Separate Games Room.
    * Competitions.
    * Don't have neat and clean folders.
    * Points For Achievements.
    * No Trolls. Troll Protection By Staff.
    * No Bullying.
    * Separate Spoilers Section So that Some People May Not Want To See The Spoilers.
    * Don't let you have a say.
    And there is a whole list.

With the logo, I can make it smaller.
    Hope this changes that are made convince you to stay.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:48 am

Thanks for your reply.

I have to disagree with you on some points. As I said, I belong to several forums... and I am a moderator on a forum much larger and much busier than this one.

*one of those forums in which I belong has a chat box, different to yours but a chat box nevertheless
    *two of the forums I belong to have games, in its own 'games room'
    *Im sorry to say, all of the forums I belong to are'neater' and much easier to navigate than this one.
    *A few of the forums I belong to have points for posting and more permissions for more posts.
    *As a moderator, I can tell you that I and the other moderators do NOT tolerate bullying, trolling and inflaming.
    *BTTB has a spoiler section

I think, as this is a public forum you need to be very careful about what you say and about what other sites do and do not have. If you are comparing yourself to Yahoo (which I have been to) then yes you are correct. But if you are comparing yourself to other sites, I think before you make statements like that you need to look at other sites and see what they have. You might even get some ideas from them.

I saw you made your logo smaller, thanks that is much better.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:56 am

yeah. I know that the other forums had it as well.

* I am a Admin here.
    * No trolls have come.
    * The less the people, the more easier it is to talk to. When it is busy, it lags and everything.
    I need to mention that the site is only 3-4 months old. So it is new, that's why we don't have many members

Are you a moderator on BTTB? If so, I can tell you now, your not organised.
    I'm sorry, but your not. Yes, you have episode summaries. But, you started doing them and then relied on a member to do them for you. That is lack in doing work. On our site, WE HAVE a VOLUNTEER, I as an Admin of the site was doing it, and then a fellow member continued on.

The Format of The spoilers section in BTTB is not good at all. They are all messy. This is from my point of view.

People talk about different things in it that aren't related to the topic which makes it HARD to follow the thread.

We have advertised on the Yahoo Boards and have got many users coming. They are coming because they have seen no bullying, that it is new, easy to navigate and that it is safe.

I have been on many forums and seen many bullying and harsh rules going.
    I must say 1 thing:
    On BTTB, it says the avatar picture MUST be HAA Related. And then there is a forum with something saying: General chat.
    How does that work? 1 person could come, not liking HAA, but wants to talk in general things.

Thnx.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 am

No, Im not a moderator on BTTB. And Im not sure why you assumed that I am. I am a member there though, and while BTTB has its faults, it is well organised and well moderated. I wont say where I moderate, as it is irrelevant and it has nothing to do with HAA. Im not here to plug my site, it doesnt need plugging, its already really popular and well-moderated and administrated.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:18 am

Sure,

I was on the forum (BTTB) about 3 weeks ago. I saw that there was a competition being made by someone in 2005. Called HomeAndAway's Next Top Fan or something. That was in 2005. What happened to it?

With the chat box, you say there is one. Where is it on what site is there 1? If there, is 1 on BTTB. It is not visible.

BTTB has many many many users. Most come, what about the users who don't come. I was investigating thru' the list the other day and I was in S, because I am a member and I was looking. And I saw that it took me many pages to see my profile in there. Why don't some users come online?

I would like to see your site that your a moderator on and have a look at the differences if you don't mind me looking. Pleas put a link, if that's okay.

Thnx
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 am

I cant answer that question about the BTTB competition. Im just a member, as I said. I didnt say BTTB had a chat box either. I belong to The Soap Dish and they used to have one. It was started against advice, and it doesnt exist any more. People stopped posting in the forum and just used the chat box, and I think this is why many forums dont have one. So just a word of warning there.

I wish to remain annonymous, so Im not going to post the link to my forum, but here is one of the many forums I belong to (a wedding forum) and its very popular and very well moderated http://forum.weddingcentral.com.au/
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:33 am

Well, if your site is annonymous, how do you attract members. I was just curious to see the things you have.
    With that Weeding Site, IT HAS TOO MANY FORMS IN TI! IT HAD ABOUT 30, LITERALLY!

Along with he Soap Dish, do you know ANY forum that has it RIGHT NOW?

I must ask, are you saying that this site is not well moderated?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:40 am

I didnt say my forum was annonymous, Im saying I wish to be annonymous. Im not here to plug my site.

No, I dont know any forum that has a chat box right now. As I said, there is a very good reason for that.

The wedding forum, last I logged in had 71 users online, and 33 guests. It might be a huge forum, but it must be doing something right to be so hugely popular. You could probably learn a few things from it.

I dont know if this site is well moderated or not, I havent been here long enough to say. I can say though, that the layout is confusing and a bit messy, and your menu is extremely difficult to read.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:44 am

Well, this is probably the last comment I have to say.

Everything you go to is hard to first get your head around.
    E.G. When you first speak, you won't be able to know the first word is: let's say anonymous.

Hugely popular, yea but the more forums, tthe more you have to search thru' to find things.

Okay..
    Now, if you are staying on this site. Fine. What can the Admins to to fix your word of messy and confusing? Even if your not staying, I'd just in general like to know.
    SummerBayChic
    SummerBayChic
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayChic Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:44 am

how is it difficult to read it has a rules forum which has only rules in it, it has a games room for games. I don't see how it is confusing or messey. I am th creator of the site and me and my staff do a lot to fix it and keep it clan, tidy and bully free. Maybe if you keep coming on you may get used to it as our members love to post. All the members love this sit even ask the ones in the cahtbox. This forum may be different to the ones you have been on but most of our other users don't find it messy.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:46 am

Fully agreed.

Also, there is nothing wrong with a chat box when it is fully (99%) patrolled.

This site is new. Only 100 days old. Of course, it will take time to change things around.

Last edited by Damoz_Ablett on Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:30 am

SummerBayChic wrote:how is it difficult to read it has a rules forum which has only rules in it, it has a games room for games. I don't see how it is confusing or messey. I am th creator of the site and me and my staff do a lot to fix it and keep it clan, tidy and bully free. Maybe if you keep coming on you may get used to it as our members love to post. All the members love this sit even ask the ones in the cahtbox. This forum may be different to the ones you have been on but most of our other users don't find it messy.

how is it difficult to read it has a rules forum which has only rules in it..
    Huh? You rules are very confusing. One of the rules is obey the rules. Is that not a tortology?

Im sorry, but this section YOU created for members to say what they dont like about this site. I just did. Yet one of your moderators has challenged everything I have said. Do you only want positive feedback? Is that how your forum works?

If this is how moderators and administators of this forum conduct themselves when they are offered contructive criticism... after inviting members of this forum in this section to do so... then Im sorry but you are doomed for failure.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:38 am

Okay Tadpole. I was first saying the positives of the site and the you started comparing it to other sites.

This site is run efficeiently. Everyone here is happy with the forums in that format. If 1 person doesn't like it. Their feedback is helping, but if everyone else likes it the way it is, then we can't change it for 1 person.

Don't you think your being nasty by saying this site is unprofessional. O and Unprofessional doesn't matter as much. Only when it is needed. This site is to discuss HAA Stuff.

But you still haven't answered my questions as well! What do you want changed!
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:46 am

How convenient of you to edit your post where you said those that those that run the Soap Dish arent running it properly AND THEN edit my post where I pulled you up on it. That is absolutely disgusting. You dont like critcism and you dont like free speech. SHAME ON YOU.

I answered your questions on how to improve your forum. Im not going to repeat myself.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:49 am

Do you want your account removed?
    Because it looks like you do.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:53 am

No, Im going to hang around a bit and see if you lift your game.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:54 am

well. okay. im going to remove this thread and ill show you our site.

deal?
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:02 am

Why are you going to remove it? Do you not want your members to see how you treat members who offer ideas on how to improve your forum, and how you edit posts when you dont like what is said?
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:03 am

Because. I want you to go to the Introduce yourself forum and see what members say.
    They say they love the site.

I want to get rid of it because there is not need for it.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:06 am

you just tagged out site as bad. didnt u.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 am

There is a need. People should know how you edit posts and deal with non-conformists. Let people(not your mods, but your members) read THIS thread and make up their own minds. Lets see if they want it deleted.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:15 am

Damoz_Ablett wrote:you just tagged out site as bad. didnt u.

I certainly did. Your members, and anyone thinking of joining this site should know how you treat people. Especially as you are going edit my posts and likely delete this thread.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Disgusting.
    SummerBayDamoz
    SummerBayDamoz
    Site Administrator
    Site Administrator

Post by SummerBayDamoz Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 am

have u looked at the introduce yourself forum yet? look in all the threads. 1st post=love the site.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 am

I had a look. I am able to make up my own mind thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content